Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? At the East Mississippi Correctional Facility in Meridian, Mississippi we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain the treatment and valuable skills necessary for success upon release.
Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Hiring immediately for Maintenance Technicians!
Location: East Mississippi Corr. Center (Meridian, Mississippi)
- Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, ventilating, air conditioning and drainage systems.
- Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets and fuses as directed.
- Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
- Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
- Perform repair or replacement of plumbing fixtures, washers, seals, etc.
- Help prepare surfaces for finishing, including painting, as directed.
- Direct inmates assigned to facility maintenance.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment.
- Perform routine scheduled checks of air conditioning systems.
- Perform on-call responsibilities in emergency situations or equipment breakdowns.
- Provide cleaning, transportation, and moving equipment as needed.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent, technical training and general knowledge of repair and maintenance plus three (3) years related experience required. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi or Alabama with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management. Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled