Category: Education & Training
Division: Job Corps
Location: Sierra Nevada Job Corps Center (Reno, Nevada)
- Provide students with basic direction, instruction and assistance in designated area(s) of instruction.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the classroom; on a routine basis, relate academic skills to career technical training and workplace requirements; inquire if individual students need assistance.
- Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS system as required and in accordance with established timelines.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports.
- Control use of equipment and supplies; recommend purchases.
- Develop and conduct enrichment programs as assigned.
- Maintain records, cleanliness and classroom discipline.
- Participate in student activities associated with the intellectual and social development of students.
- Assist in developing community linkages and volunteers for the department.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employ ability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and one year instructional experience preferred. MUST HAVE TEACHING CREDENTIAL.Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled