Location: Wilkinson Cty. Corr. Facility (Woodville, Mississippi)
- Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing ventilating, air conditioning and drainage systems. Recommend contracted assistance when on-center assistance when on-center repair is not possible.
- Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets and fuses as directed.
- Perform minor construction and repair or structural woodwork.
- Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
- Perform repair or replacement of plumbing fixtures, washers, seals, etc.
- Help prepare surface for finishing, including painting, as directed.
- Direct inmates assigned to facility maintenance.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings as equipment.
- Perform routine schedules checks of air conditioning systems.
- Perform on-call responsibilities in emergency situations or equipment breakdowns.
- Provide cleaning, transportation, and moving of equipment as needed.
- Promote the development of positive social skills among inmates through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
Education and Experience Requirement:
High school diploma or equivalent, technical training and general knowledge of repair and maintenance plus three (3) years related experience required. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi or Louisiana with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.