Division: Job Corps
Location: Hartford Job Corps Center (Hartford, Connecticut)
1. Ensure the physical security of buildings and property by checking doors, windows, lights, electrical appliances, equipment, locks and emergency equipment. Maintain log of findings and corrective action taken.
2. Perform administrative functions such as entering and maintaining daily logs, incident reports and conducting investigations as directed.
3. Assure accountability (protocol) of student check-in and out (to and from center grounds).
4. Perform parking and traffic control duties; check identification of personnel and students seeking entrance to or exit from grounds and permit or deny entrance or exit according to established policies and procedures.
5. Perform routine vehicle equipment inspections, including lights, brakes, mirrors, steering and other required operating equipment. Recommend mechanical repairs as needed.
6. Assist in transporting ill or injured students and staff as required.
7. Respond to fire alarms, take necessary steps to report fires, assist in suppressing fires and reset fire alarm equipment.
8. Set up and check operation of intrusion alarm systems in buildings as required.
9. Assist staff and law enforcement personnel in controlling disturbances. Conduct preliminary investigation of crimes.
10. Promote and support the center wide development of the Career Development Services System (CDSS) program.
11. Provide proactive conflict resolution with students and refer students to counseling and other actions as necessary.
12. Conduct initial investigation of incidents and provide timely documentation of such.
13. Assist senior security officer and manager in coordinating and instituting programs that foster student retention.
14. Assist center staff in conducting required health and safety inspecting.
15. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
16. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
17. It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
18. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
NEW: Check vaccination status of all who enter. Confirm recent negative COVID test of those who are not vaccinated. Applies to all staff & visitors.
MUST HAVE ACTIVE CT GUARD CARD & CT DRIVER'S LICENSE, with good driving record. HS Diploma or equivalent with a year's experience in Security.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Not quite ready
to make a move?
Not a problem. We can send you job alerts.Sign Up
This job is not currently taking applications.