Substance Abuse Counselor Intern (LCDC-I/CCJP-A)
Category: Social Development & Counseling
Location: Glossbrenner Unit (San Diego, Texas)
MTC is now hiring for treatment professionals at the Glossbrenner Unit in San Diego, Texas. Substance Abuse Counselor I's plan, coordinate, and implement substance abuse counseling activities and coordinate with other departments to ensure the maximum utilization of resources available for chemical dependency treatment and rehabilitation.
Requires: Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED is required. Must have a letter of registration as a Counselor Intern from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), or current valid certification as Certified Criminal Justice Professional Applicant Status (CCJP-A) as approved by the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals. Selected applicants must obtain the Licensed Clinical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) license or the Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP) certification within five (5) years from the date of their registration as a Counselor Intern or CCJP-A.
MTC’s caring philosophy defines its commitment to providing its employees and family members with quality and competitive benefit options that address health and wellness needs. We understand and accept our responsibility to deliver the information and tools necessary to allow each employee to make informed decisions on health, wellness, financial security, retirement, and many other benefits.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
In addition to the benefits listed above, MTC also provides its employees with its BIONIC (Believe it or Not I Care) Wellness Program. This free program features a wide range of tools, resources, and communication to address employee wellness from a mental, emotional, and physical perspective. Key components of the program include:
- Access to a comprehensive wellness website, including a personal health assessment, exercise and nutrition planners, and online education and courses.
- Personal health coaching to help improve nutrition, exercise, stress management, and other health and wellness topics.
- Tobacco cessation program that includes telephonic coaching, nicotine replacement therapy, and additional educational material.
- Newsletters, video features, and other communications to address employee health and wellness.
San Antonio, Texas