COGNITIVE INTERVENTION SPECIALIST-327
Category: Education & Training
Location: Baten Unit (Pampa, Texas)
1. Provides didactic sessions according to designated curricula within the program. Presents cognitive intervention education and life skills classes to assist clients with basic education in these topics.
2. Guides and assists clients in complying with facility rules and regulations. Supervises client offender work functions in accordance with program policies such as morning wake up routines according to established schedules. Notifies appropriate personnel of clients failing to comply with policies and procedures.
3. Monitors client behavior and reports incidents, inappropriate or unusual behaviors to appropriate treatment team staff.
4. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills and procedures and intervention techniques.
5. Maintain accountability of staff, clients and property; adhere to safety practices.
**It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree in the field of psychology, sociology, counseling, social work, criminal justice, education, nursing, or health is preferred; related experience is a plus.