Director, Counseling & Social Development
Category: Social Development & Counseling
Division: Job Corps
Location: Hubert H Humphrey Job Corps (St. Paul, Minnesota)
- Plan, coordinate and manage the administrative and programmatic activities of the departments.
- Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance, and implement directorate and personnel changes as approved by the center director and coordinated with the manager, human resources prior to implementation.
- Assist the center director in the preparation of the departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures.
- Assist in the development and implement of new and revised policies, procedures and programs affecting counseling, residential living, and recreation.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Establish, implement and supervise control procedures to maximize counseling, residential living, and recreation standards.
- Develop and implement training programs for employees and students regarding counseling, residential living, and recreation.
- Inspect dormitories weekly; maintain required quality standards; coordinate with facility maintenance to resolve facility issues.
- Provide support and guidance to staff in dealing with behavior of students and resolving individual or group situations.
- Ensure records for the shift and dormitories are maintained up to date. Monitor timeliness and quality of student case note entries in CIS.
- Develop and monitor employee schedules to ensure appropriate coverage of departments.
- Promote a team environment and ensure proper communication between departments to achieve the desired results of each department.
Not quite ready
to make a move?
Not a problem. We can send you job alerts.Sign Up
This job is not currently taking applications.