Division: Job Corps
Location: Hawaii JCC - Maui (Maui, Hawaii)
Reporting to the Education Services Manager, this position is responsible for performing a variety of secretarial duties related to a specific office/department, in compliance with government and management directives.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Receive visitors and telephone calls; handle routine matters personally and direct non-routine business to proper staff for consideration
- Maintain calendar and schedule appointments
- Act as liaison between supervisor/manager and other center staff and other sites.
- Type reports, maintain records and files
- Maintain correspondence and forms control log, receive incoming and outgoing mail
- As assigned, prepare student class schedules, attendance and accountability reports, student records and related reports; enter appropriate data for the Center Information System (CIS)
- As assigned, maintain library with required documents, including handbooks, manuals and operating procedures.
- As assigned, process new enrollees and enter data into the CIS
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Two years related experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Computer Proficiency
About Us: Hawaii Job Corps Center is operated by Management & Training Corporation (MTC) for the U.S. Department of Labor. Located in Waimanalo, Oahu & Makawa’o Maui, our campus is home to 300+ young adults, ages 16-24, who have made the decision to come to Job Corps in order to improve their lives. Every staff member is part of teaching the students the academic, technical training, employability, and social skills they need to become prepared for successful careers.
A Job Corps campus is like a mini-college. It has dormitories, classrooms, a dining hall, and recreational and medical facilities. Training is open entry, open exit and can last up to two years. Students work at their own pace, guided by academic and career training instructors who are committed to their success.
Hawaii Job Corps Center offers students training in 9 vocations: building construction technology, automotive, office administration, culinary, landscaping, painting, health occupations, medical office administration and security/protective services trade.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
For more information about Job Corps visit: http://jobcorps.gov