Nursing Assistant -PRN
Location: Otero County Prison (Medical) (Chaparral, New Mexico)
Reports to the RN or LPN on duty. Assists with passing medications, filing, answering requests for information and providing healthcare to inmates in compliance with MTC Medical, Otero County and various customer directives.
- Receive and maintain medical supplies and store properly. Provide accurate documentation and inventory.
- Enter prescription information into log: create labels and Medication Administration Records.
- Ensure medical supply cart, trauma bag, the PPE room and the facility first aid kits are fully and accurately stocked at all times.
- Return medications to pharmacy.
- Submit order forms for medical and office supplies, under supervision of Registered Nurse and Physician.
- Assist with maintenance of the Sick Call, Chronic Clinic and Specialty Logs.
- Provide patient care according to nurse or physician instructions and appropriate to level of certification.
- Ensure medical supply cart, trauma bag, PPE room, and the facility first aids kits are fully and accurately stocked and clean at all times.
- Submit order forms for medical and office supplies, under supervision of RN and physician.
- Assist with maintenance of the sick call, chronic clinic and specialty logs.
- Provide patient care according to nurse or physician instructions and appropriate level of certification, to include personal nursing care, taking and recording vital signs, providing personal hygiene care, while maintaining a safe and sanitary environment.
- Perform 15-minute checks on identified patients and document encounters. Lifts, transports and positions patients and assist with walking and other body movements.
- Records patient care, reporting changes in physical or mental status to the health care team.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school graduate or equivalent. May be a Nurse Assistant/Aide, Emergency Medical Technician, or Medical Assistant with appropriate certification or permit. One year of experience in a hospital, clinic or correctional setting preferred. Demonstrated competency in word processing and computer data entry. Must hold current CPR certification. Valid driver’s license in the state of New Mexico or Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans