Director of Nursing (DON)
Location: Imperial Detention (Medical) (Calexico, California)
health and dental care.
With up to 782 adult detainees, the employees at the Imperial Regional Detention Center transform lives through education, training, and treatment and treat our residents with compassion.
MTC and the Imperial Regional Detention Center are seeking a full-time
Director Of Nursing (DON) to direct the management of nursing services and the supervision of the ancillary clinical staff in the medical unit.
A few of your primary duties include:
- Monitor health services unit and act as a clinical resource for staff.
- Monitor and assign duties to nursing personnel as appropriate to caseload, shift and unit and supervise performance
- Assure adequate coverage on all shifts
- Ensuring execution of Physician's orders, exams and treatments.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Completion of an Accredited Registered Nursing program and a minimum of three (3) years professional nursing experience with one (1) year supervisory experience. Must be a licensed registered nurse in the state of California. Must possess current CPR certification. Valid driver’s license in the state of California with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
MTC’s caring philosophy defines its commitment to providing its employees and family members with quality and competitive benefit options that address health and wellness needs. We understand and accept our responsibility to deliver the information and tools necessary to allow each employee to make informed decisions on health, wellness, financial security, retirement, and many other benefits. MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
In addition to the benefits listed above, MTC also provides its employees with its BIONIC (Believe it or Not I Care) Wellness Program. This free program features a wide range of tools, resources, and communication to address employee wellness from a mental, emotional, and physical perspective. Key components of the program include:
- Access to a comprehensive wellness website, including a personal health assessment, exercise and nutrition planners, and online education and courses.
- Personal health coaching to help improve nutrition, exercise, stress management, and other health and wellness topics.
- Tobacco cessation program that includes telephonic coaching, nicotine replacement therapy, and additional educational material.
- Newsletters, video features, and other communications to address employee health and wellness
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Los Angeles, California