Off-Center Training (OCT) Specialist
Division: Job Corps
Location: Los Angeles Job Corps Center (Los Angeles, California)
- Plan and coordinate the OCT program.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting the OCT program.
- Ensure a smooth student transition from on-center training to off-center training.
- Provide structured program for OCT students when regularly scheduled classes are not in session.
- Schedule and maintain OCT student progress reviews and records; ensure student records are maintained and kept current.
- Maintain ongoing communication with participating OCT personnel regarding student progress and program completion.
- Monitor student accountability and attendance on a regular basis and report to student records.
- Ensure the center’s career development services system is supported and integrated into the OCT program through updated information to admissions counselors, career preparation, career development, and career transition.
- Develop linkages that benefit students.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Associate’s degree and two years related experience. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills, and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.