Category: Social Development & Counseling
Division: Job Corps
Location: Hubert H Humphrey Job Corps (St. Paul, Minnesota)
1. Assist in the planning, coordinate and manager the administrative and programmatic activities of the department.
2. Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance, and implement departmental changes as approved the director or programs and coordinated with the manager of human resources prior to implementation.
3. Assist in the preparation of the departmental budget, monitor and control expenditures. Review and recommend changed to budget authorizations.
4. Assist in development of new and revised policies and procedure affecting counseling services.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
6. Assist in the development and implement effective counseling services program and ensure each counselor is assigned a case load consistent with guidelines. Take appropriate steps to ensure that administration procedures are followed, such as adequate record keeping and maintenance of schedules 7. Implement and maintain collaborative system of communication between counseling, center staff and outside community services to facilitate student progress and performance. Evaluate center counseling components and recommend modifications.
8. Recommend and authorize medical or psychiatric evaluation for emotional or psychological problems. Evaluate results and take remedial action as warranted.
1. Bachelor’s degree in human services, counseling, social science or related field and three years related experience, two of which should be in a supervisory capacity (including 15 semester hours of instruction of social services).
2. Knowledge of human behavior, individual and group counseling techniques, management skills and case summaries.
3. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required.
4. Unless waived by management a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
St. Paul, Minnesota