Location: Idaho CAPP Facility (Kuna, Idaho)
IDAHO CORRECTIONAL ALTERNATIVE PLACEMENT PROGRAM
Reports to the shift lieutenant. Directly supervises assigned correctional officers. Responsible for the custody and discipline of offenders in the facility in compliance with Management and Training Corporation (MTC) and Idaho Department of Corrections (IDOC) directives.
- Supervise, protect, instruct, train, counsel and evaluate assigned employees.
- Provide for the care, custody, and adherence to rules and regulations of offenders assigned to specific work area.
- Supervise and provide custody and security of offenders including observation of offenders and offenders assigned to work duty which includes long periods of sitting and standing.
- Supervise and direct searches for contraband including “pat” and “strip” searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
- Transfer and transport offenders by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure assaultive offenders as needed
- Read, review and properly apply information found in offender records which is related to the offenders' health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
- Supervise the preparation and maintenance of records, forms and reports.
- Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas: housing unit, special management area, education, community service and intake.
- Respond to emergencies to search for offenders, administer first aid at the emergency site, carry an injured or unconscious offender, and perform use force procedures, including the use of chemical agents to control offenders.
- Comply with policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) years correctional custody or law enforcement experience required. Prior supervisory experience preferred. Valid driver's license in the State of Idaho with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post-Hire Qualifications and Training Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Vice President, Human Resources
Regional Vice President