Division: Job Corps
Location: Atterbury Job Corps Center (Edinburgh, Indiana)
- Operate light trucks, buses and passenger vehicles; transport passengers and/or packages. Ensure adherence to established schedules.
- Maintain vehicles for routine service, clean vehicles, check fluid levels.
- Perform routine vehicle equipment inspection daily, including lights, brakes, mirrors, steering and other required operating equipment. Recommend mechanical repairs as needed.
- Assign center vehicles for student transportation and staff official business including dispensing of fuel and oil and arrange for vehicle repair or replacement.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Promote and support the center wide development of the Career Development Services System (CDSS) plan.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year experience as a licensed driver. A general knowledge of vehicle maintenance/repair. Valid commercial driver’s license with an acceptable driving record or ability to obtain commercial license within 150 days of employment.