Management Info System Tech
Category: Information Technology
Location: Gadsden Correctional Facility (Quincy, Florida)
Reports to the finance manager. Responsible for performing intermediate level systems support work operating automated data processing equipment which has the capabilities of data storage and data computation using several different software applications in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC), Florida Department of Corrections (FDOC) and Florida Department of Management Services (DMS) directives.
- Install and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Install, maintain, and administer server and network infrastructure.
- Assist with wide area network (WAN) connections to MTC and the State of Florida systems.
- Maintain the necessary security controls over the software.
- Interact with staff to establish processing priorities and explain the capabilities and limitations of the available hardware and software.
- Provide training and operational assistance to personnel in the implementation and utilization of data processing hardware and/or software.
- Develop and maintain procedure manuals; prepare briefings, reports, and evaluations as to systems efficiency and utilization.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years experience in the support and maintenance of microcomputer systems or thirty semester hours from an accredited college or university with the course work in computer science or related field. A+ certifications, network administration and MSCA and one (1) year directly related experience preferred. Valid driver's license in the state of Florida with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.