TEMP Career Transition Specialist
Division: Job Corps
Location: Brooklyn Job Corps Center (Brooklyn, New York)
Reports to the OA/CTS manager. Responsible for providing placement and follow up services to former enrollees and graduates in compliance with government and management directives.
Assist in former enrollees and drop-outs during transition, placement and follow-up as appropriate.
2. Initiate transitional support referrals to off-center placement specialists and other community agencies.
3. Contact employers, MTC representatives, and one-stop centers to arrange for interviews and other activities to promote initial placement.
4. Make regular contact with former student during the placement and follow-up period; provide services as needed; document in the automated case management system.
5. Verify, document and report placements using the appropriate systems and processes.
6. Maintain regular contact with career development specialists on center.
7. Gather information and maintain open communication with workforce development centers throughout the state.
8. Produce and distribute placement and follow-up reports.
9. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
10. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
11. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
12. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or Associate’s degree and two years related experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.
Brooklyn, New York