Residential Advisor Substitute
Category: Social Development & Counseling
Division: Job Corps
Location: Atterbury Job Corps Center (Edinburgh, Indiana)
- Provide proper guidance to students to ensure positive group living relations and achievement in the program.
- Determine, recommend, and arrange student visits to counselor.
- Work with designated counselor to develop retention plans and participate in retention program.
- Direct dorm activities as designated.
- Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required to ensure safety and proper behavior of students; resolve potential or occurring problems.
- Assist with recreational activities for students on and off center.
- Transport students to and from recreational functions, airport or bus stations as required.
- Prepare the morning report; pass list and other administrative correspondence relating to students.
- Direct students and assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
- Recommend or requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and safety of students.
- Conduct group sessions in accordance with the schedule; participate in and conduct career preparation activities and Career Success Standards (CSS) training.
- Maintain dormitory and individual student files; maintain files to include complete, updated and required documentation. Update student records in CIS as required.
- Conduct daily inspections of several dormitories, as assigned.
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. One year experience working with youth preferred. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.