Category: Food Services
Division: Job Corps
Location: St. Louis Job Corp Center (St. Louis, Missouri)
Reports to the supervisor, food services. Responsible for the preparation of all center meals in accordance with pre‑planned menus in compliance with government and management directives.
- Prepare and cook quantity of food required according to menu and number of students.
- Assist in instructing cook helpers and work-based learning students in the safe, hygienic method of preparing and serving appetizing, eye‑appealing meals.
- Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition; ensure work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times.
- Prepare foods as directed for special center functions, visitors and off‑center assignments.
- Assist in cleaning kitchen work areas following each meal.
- Supervise students assigned to assist in the cafeteria.
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually life, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
- Requires reaching, bending, stooping, or standing.
- Requires the ability to work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Responsible for stockroom commodities and for recommending replenishment items.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Food service training and one year relevant experience preferred. Must obtain servsafe certification within 90 days of employment. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.