Residential Advisor On-Call
Category: Education & Training
Division: Job Corps
Location: Woodstock Job Corps Center (Woodstock, Maryland)
1. Provide proper guidance to students to ensure positive group living relations and achievement in the program.
2. Oversee each student’s personal career development plan in center information system (CIS).
3. Direct dorm activities as designated.
4. Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required to ensure safety and proper behavior of students; resolve potential or occurring problems.
5. Assist with recreational activities for students on and off center.
6. Transport students to and from recreational functions, airport or bus stations as required.
7. Prepare the morning roster, pass list, and other administrative correspondence relating to students. Take student attendance.
8. Direct students and assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
9. Recommend or requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and safety of students.
10. Conduct group sessions in accordance with the schedule; participate in and conduct career preparation activities and Career Success Standards (CSS) training.
11. Maintain dormitory and individual student files; maintain files to include complete, updated and required documentation. Update student records in CIS as required.
12. Conduct daily inspections of several dormitories, as assigned.
13. It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
14. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and prefer one year’s experience working with youth. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.