Category: Information Technology
Division: Job Corps
Location: Atterbury Job Corps Center (Edinburgh, Indiana)
- Maintain proficiency with different software applications, assist staff with software-related products, and utilize various software applications to help manage common tasks.
- Interact with staff to establish processing priorities and explain the capabilities and limitations of the available hardware and software.
- Provide training and operational assistance to personnel in the implementation and utilization of data processing hardware and software.
- Develop and maintain procedure manuals; prepare briefings, reports, and evaluations regarding systems efficiency and utilization.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Maintain necessary security and licensing controls over software programs.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Install and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Administer file server and e-mail user accounts and perform network backups.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Associates degree in computer science or information technology and two years experience. A+ certification preferred. Directly related training may be considered in lieu of experience requirements. Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid Driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.