Substance Abuse Counselor
Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? At the Wilkinson County Correctional Facility in Woodville, Mississippi we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain the treatment and valuable skills necessary for success upon release. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, a 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Hiring immediately for full time opportunities.
Category: Social Development & Counseling
Location: Wilkinson Cty. Corr. Facility (Woodville, Mississippi)
Bachelor's degree in social work, counseling, psychology, criminology or related field required and must be a licensed substance abuse counselor in the state of Mississippi. Two (2) years of substance abuse treatment experience preferred. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements if approved by management. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi or Louisiana with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an effective substance abuse program with emphasis placed on awareness, prevention, staff training, and networking with community resources in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC), and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.
- Develop and implement a system to promote the coordination and integration of the substance abuse prevention components with other facility programs.
- Assess inmates with identified substance abuse problems; develop and implement a plan to modify or control the behavior by working with inmates, counselors, instructors, and the mental health consultant as appropriate.
- Ensure the documentation of all inmates' assessments and plans are in inmates' medical records regarding substance abuse problems.
- Provide ongoing comprehensive training for all staff members in the substance abuse area with specific goals toward staff education and awareness, staff skills in identification and reporting substance abuse problems, individual staff member counseling skills and general team building throughout the facility.
- Assist in providing substance abuse related materials and information in the health education program and development of health services standing orders and facility operation procedures regarding substance abuse.
- Conduct substance abuse and tobacco cessation classes, group educational, peer support and other prevention sessions for inmates/staff.
- Encourage awareness of substance abuse issues throughout the facility
- Develop linkages with community resources for substance abuse services.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled