Line Specialist (Food Service Manager II)
Category: Food Services
Location: East Texas Treatment Facility (Henderson, Texas)
1. Oversee the cleaning and sanitizing of all food preparation equipment and ensure that it is kept in safe and operable condition.
2. Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition. Ensure work area is safe, clean, and sanitary at all times.
3. Ensure the count and control of kitchen tools. Provide an accurate count of all control items at the beginning and end each shift.
4. Supervise offenders in the serving of meals as required.
5. Oversee the moping, scrubbing, refinishing, and spot cleaning of kitchen floors.
6. Oversee the cleaning and sanitizing, and deodorizing of the rest rooms.
7. Ensure that counts are performed accurately for all offenders assigned to the kitchen.
8. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
9. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. One (1) year full-time, wage-earning experience in correctional, commercial, or institutional food preparation or food service management experience or (18) months of correctional custody or law enforcement experience. Valid driver's license in the state of TX with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.