Location: East Texas Treatment Facility (Henderson, Texas)
Reports to the Assistant Food Service Manager. Directly supervises offenders assigned to the dining area. Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and sanitary kitchen area, to include food preparation areas, tools and equipment, and assisting in the service and preparation of facility meals based on pre-planned menus, in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Clean and sanitize all food preparation equipment and ensure that it is kept in safe and operable condition.
- Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition. Ensure work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times.
- Ensure the count and control of all kitchen tools. Provide an accurate count of all control items at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Supervise offenders in the preparation of meals required.
- Mop, scrub, refinish and spot clean kitchen floors.
- Clean, sanitize and deodorize rest rooms.
- Ensure that counts are performed accurately for all offenders assigned to the kitchen.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management
High school diploma or equivalent. One (1) year full-time, wage-earning experience in correctional, commercial, or institutional food preparation or food service management experience or two (2) years of correctional custody or law enforcement experience required.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements to include physical agility testing and pass an annual background check, which must be approved by TDCJ.
“MANAGEMENT & TRAINING CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABILITY/VETERAN”