Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Location: Giles W. Dalby Corr. (Medical) (Post, Texas)
Since 2005, MTC Medical has provided quality medical, dental and mental-health services to men and women in our care. It’s made a big difference in the lives of those individuals who are working hard to turn over a new leaf.
With 1,250 minimum and medium security, female offenders, the Gadsden Correctional Facility strives to be a leader in social impact by helping those we serve prepare to successfully re-enter society. Incarcerated women are provided with a wide variety of cognitive behavioral, educational, vocational, substance abuse, and life-skills courses that help reduce recidivism.
MTC and the Giles W Dalby Correctional Facility are seeking a:
Full-time mid-level NP or PA; late afternoon/evenings (2nd shift)
In this role, you will be responsible for providing care of specific patients under the directions of the physician.
- Work in a safe, clean environment without the hassles of insurance paperwork typical of community and hospital-based practice (sfer than most emergency departments!)
- Practice training in a setting conducive to the practice of medicine with an industry standard formulary, manageable patient load, better work hours (M-F with 8 or 10 hour shifts available. No nights/weekends)
- Varied medical pathologies, some of which you might not ever experience in residency, community or hospital practice
Education and Experience Requirements:
Master’s degree in nursing or degree required for licensure in the state of Texas (MSN), completion of an accredited program for nurse practitioners, current DEA registration unless state practice regulations permit other prescribing arrangements under supervision, Nurse Practitioner or Advanced Practice Nurse Licensure in the state of Texas and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
MTC’s caring philosophy defines its commitment to providing its employees and family members with quality and competitive benefit options that address health and wellness needs. We understand and accept our responsibility to deliver the information and tools necessary to allow each employee to make informed decisions on health, wellness, financial security, retirement, and many other benefits.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
In addition to the benefits listed above, MTC also provides its employees with its BIONIC (Believe it or Not I Care) Wellness Program. This free program features a wide range of tools, resources, and communication to address employee wellness from a mental, emotional, and physical perspective. Key components of the program include:
- Access to a comprehensive wellness website, including a personal health assessment, exercise and nutrition planners, and online education and courses.
- Personal health coaching to help improve nutrition, exercise, stress management, and other health and wellness topics.
- Tobacco cessation program that includes telephonic coaching, nicotine replacement therapy, and additional educational material.
- Newsletters, video features, and other communications to address employee health and wellness