Licensed Practical Nurse
Location: Gadsden Correctional (Medical) (Quincy, Florida)
At the Gadsden Correctional Facility, we work hard to help change the lives of those in our care as they try and turn over a new leaf. Providing resources like education and healthcare go a long way and we want you to be part of that change! Come and make a difference every day in a safe environment, treating patients who are grateful for your help.
MTC and the Gadsden Correctional Facility are seeking Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) for a variety of shifts.
Shift: 8 hour shifts
Pay: $19.50- $22.00 Depending on experience
In this role, some of your key responsibilities would include:
- Attend sick call with the physicians to see inmates; prepare examining room and equipment.
- Call the physician for medication and treatment orders and other emergencies.
- Operate pill call, administers medication and accurately and completely document treatment as required by applicable policies and procedures.
- Examine and assess inmates with illnesses or injuries or inmates who become ill or injured; confer with physician to refer inmates to the emergency room as required by their condition and document in medical record or other forms as appropriate
- And other duties as spelled out in the practice description.
Degree in nursing, current, valid nursing license for the state of Florida (No discipline). Must possess current CPR certification. Must work within Florida state board of nursing scope of practice. Valid driver’s license in the state of Florida with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and maintain appropriate facility clearance.
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
In addition to the benefits listed above, MTC also provides its employees with its BIONIC (Believe it or Not I Care) Wellness Program. This free program features a wide range of tools, resources, and communication to address employee wellness from a mental, emotional, and physical perspective.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Panama City, Florida