Division: Job Corps
Location: Turner Job Corps Center (Albany, Georgia)
- Serve as liaison between center and immediate community in safety matters; assist in developing and maintaining the center’s master safety plan to include risk assessment, safety and emergency disaster plans.
- Develop and implement orientation and in-service training programs for staff and students to ensure that safety policies are followed; conduct monthly safety committee meeting, and all staff training.
- Ensure fire extinguishers are available in required locations and in working condition at all times.
- Provide fire and safety procedures and literature to staff and students; conduct training for staff on OSHA standards.
- Provide records and reports of departmental activities upon request by management, insurance underwriters, DOL, and other government agencies.
- Coordinate with other center staff concerning safety matters and conduct safety related investigations; conduct preventive fire and safety inspections of facilities to identify potential hazards; initiate corrective actions; work with the human resources specialists and trainer to create an effective worker’s compensation and safety awareness program.
- Act as liaison to federal, state and local safety and fire officials as well as local industrial safety managers.
- Assist in the development of community linkages in the areas of safety.
- Oversee and represent the center at quarterly environmental inspections.
- Coordinate fire drills and serve as liaison to the area fire departments.
High school diploma or equivalent, associate’s degree preferred, three years experience in safety or related field. Knowledge of building security systems, maintenance, emergency evacuation, building codes and OSHA certification preferred. Familiar with standard safety concepts, practices, and procedures required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.