Full-Time Cafeteria Attendant
About the Position
Philadelphia Job Corps Life Science Institute is seeking for a full-time Cafeteria Attendant.The Cafeteria Attendant is responsible for food services. Assists the cooks in preparation of student meals, in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Provide adequate supply of foods and transfer necessary ingredients to cooking area.
2. Weigh, measure and mix ingredients as directed.
3. Prepare vegetables, salads, meats, breads and desserts as instructed or routinely set forth in an appetizing, appealing manner.
4. Work with and assist students in the performance of their daily work schedules.
5. Perform clean-up and sanitation duties in the food preparation and dining area to ensure adequate health standards at all times.
6. Participate in required staff training.
7. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
8. Participate in student employ ability programs and activities.
9. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
10. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within
his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Aptitude for kitchen-type duties and dress to comply with sanitation regulations also required. Valid Serve Safe certificate and local food handler's permit if required in the state of employment. Valid driver’s license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.