Licensed Practical Nurse
Division: Job Corps
Location: Flint Hills Job Corps Center (Manhattan, Kansas)
Flint Hills Job Corps Center is looking for an exceptional part time Licensed Practical Nurse to work roughly 20-29 hours weekly at our center!
Let's get down to what you really want to know --
DENTAL & VISION BENEFITS!
CAREER GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES!
A day in the life of an LPN here on center may include the following duties-
- Render first aid treatment and assist physician in treating serious accidents or illness according to health care guidelines (HCG)
- Treat minor injuries and illnesses according to doctor's instructions and maintain student and child health records.
- Cleanse and dress wounds, operate emergency equipment and provide follow up nursing care as required according to HCG
- Prepare and administer specified medications and drugs and assist in developing programs to prevent or control diseases and accidents.
- Conduct cursory medical exams.
- Conduct designated health service special programs as assigned.
- Monitor students and children restricted to the infirmary.
- Teach wellness class in conjunction with career preparation period
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students, children, and property; adhere to safety practices.
This job is expected to perform other duties as assigned within their capabilities as determined by management.
A Valid practical nursing license and 2 years related experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required
Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
If any of this sounds fun, interesting, or all of the above -- please apply!! We are always looking for fresh faces and eager candidates who are ready to take on challenges!
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled