Leadership/Evening Studies Coordinator
Category: Education & Training
Division: Job Corps
Location: Wind River Job Corps Center (Riverton, Wyoming)
Reports to the deputy director. Responsible for the coordination and monitoring of extended learning activities, center tutoring program, and student leadership program in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Develop and implement extended learning opportunities for students that take place after normal training hours.
2. Provide opportunities to improve academic and career technical training skills, experience enrichment activities and support career and college readiness goals.
3. Coordinate the development of the center tutroring program. Operate/manage the center tutoring program. Provide training and monitor progress of assigned tutors.
4. Monitor tutor and tutored time sheets, and login sheets.
5. Plan and implement activities that target the development of reading and math skills.
6. Provide small group instruction to English Language Learners (ELL).
7. Work collaboratively with academics, career technical training, residential living, recreation, and other center staff.
8. Serve as student government association adviser, ensuring compliance with DOL and MTC policies. Coordinate, conduct and record completion of training for student leadership program.
9. Maintain organized and clean training environment (behavior and surroundings) conducive to learning.
10. Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems, or study habits. Coordinate with counselors and staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
11. Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff and other center customers.
12. Support, Promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
13. Participate in student employ-ability programs and activities.
14. Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
15. Maintain account-ability of students and property; adhere to safety practices; attend all required staff training.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
One year related experience required. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required. Valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record.