Make a difference! At the Walker Sayle Unit in Breckenridge, TX, a philosophy of caring about others, giving back, and making a social impact are the foundation of all we do. We are looking for administrative professionals interested in helping us with our mission of providing a social impact to members of an at-risk population that need your help on their road back to a healthy, productive life.
Location: Sayle Unit (Breckenridge, Texas)
Reports to program director. Directly supervises clerks. Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties related to human resources and administration in compliance with federal, state and local laws, Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Performs a variety of administrative and clerical functions required by the contract including human resources and programs. Maintain confidentiality with sensitive facility information.
- Maintain up-to-date personnel files.
- Ensure all new hire information and other personnel changes are entered into the computer and proper notification forwarded to payroll and ensure adequate and up-to-date personnel records are maintained.
- Process paperwork for terminating employees, including retirement report and forms when applicable.
- Inform new employees of available insurance benefits, procedures, etc. Coordinate with insurance company regarding claims, resolution of problem cases, etc.
- Provide follow-up correspondence to applicants and agencies regarding employment status.
- Complete and maintain accurate weekly and monthly reports.
- Type reports, maintain records and files. Maintain calendar of events, schedule appointments and take minutes of meetings.
- Maintain central library of required documents, handbooks, directives, facility operating procedures and other related materials.
- Coordinate all accounting functions with the corporate finance department.
- Coordinate or participate in transition meetings.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of human resources, administrative or related experience required. Must be computer proficient. Must be knowledgeable in business correspondence, including writing, spelling, grammar and appropriate formats, and possess strong interpersonal communication skills. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled