On Call Career Technical Training Instructors
Category: Education & Training
Division: Job Corps
Location: Wind River Job Corps Center (Riverton, Wyoming)
1. Responsible for providing instruction, managing the classroom environment, and promoting student learning in the absence of the regular classroom instructor.
2. Implement instructor's lesson plans as outlined, assign student class work and maintain classroom control and discipline.
3. Take attendance and ensure students are in dress code in accordance to center policy.
4. Leave a report for the instructor and include what assignments were completed and behavior of students.
5. Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits.
6. Coordinate with counselors and staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
7. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
8. Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff and other center customers.
9. Ensure students learn and practice set behavioral expectations that support employability and social development for career readiness success.
10. Support, promote and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
11. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
12. Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to safety practices; attend all required training.