Behavior Management Specialist (LADC)
Division: Job Corps
Location: Hubert H Humphrey Job Corps (St. Paul, Minnesota)
1. Participate in career preparation period and be responsible for the explanation of the zero tolerance policy and instruct the Trainee Employee Assistance Program (TEAP) portion of the health and wellness class to all new students.
2. Conduct an assessment on students who test positive for drug use on entry. Develop and implement a reasonable plan of assistance toward compliance with the zero tolerance drug policy, including individual or group counseling and referral to the center mental health consultant as appropriate.
3. Notify students who test positive for drug use immediately upon receipt of test results. If the student is a minor, the TEAP specialist should notify parents/guardians of positive test results and planned course of action.
4. Maintain thorough documentation of notifications, reasonable assistance and final disposition of all biochemical testing results.
5. Establish on-center group counseling services for students who want assistance in staying alcohol/drug free.
6. Develop and implement TEAP prevention group programs.
7. Conduct follow-up meetings and activities as designed for the smoking cessation program.
8. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree and one year substance-related experience required.
2. Valid drug and alcohol certification (Minnesota LADC) required.
3. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
4. Unless waived by management, valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.