Food Services Supervisor
Category: Food Services
Division: Job Corps
Location: Edison Job Corps Center (Edison, New Jersey)
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the administrative and food service activities of the department.
- Evaluate staff performance, provide staff training, and recommend personnel changes to the director, finance and administration and coordinated with the director, human resources prior to implementation.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting food services.
- Plan menu.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Conduct inspections of food service areas.
- Manage preparation of food services for special center functions and visitors.
- Provide appetizing, nutritious and realistically proportioned meals in a clean, comfortable environment.
- Ensure quality of production and food purchase requirements; maintain cost control to stay within budget limitations; assist in inventory control.
- Coordinate cafeteria services with culinary arts CTT program.
- Conduct monthly surveys to assess student satisfaction with food services.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and one year related experience. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements. Supervisory experience preferred. Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communication and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled