Division: Job Corps
Location: Hartford Job Corps Center (Hartford, Connecticut)
Reports to the manager, safety & security. Operates vehicles for purpose of transporting passengers and assists with custodial maintenance functions as required. Responsible for keeping vehicles in a clean and orderly condition.
- Operate light trucks, buses and passenger vehicles; transport passengers and/or packages. Ensure adherence to established schedules.
- Maintain vehicles for routine service, clean vehicles, check fluid levels.
- Perform routine vehicle equipment inspection daily, including lights, brakes, mirrors, steering and other required operating equipment. Recommend mechanical repairs as needed.
- Assign center vehicles for student transportation and staff official business including dispensing of fuel and oil and arrange for vehicle repair or replacement.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Promote and support the center wide development of the Career Development Services System (CDSS) plan.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year experience as a licensed driver. A general knowledge of vehicle maintenance/repair. Valid commercial driver’s license a plus or ability to obtain commercial license within 150 days of employment.