Accounting Clerk (Temporary)
Category: Accounting & Finance
Division: Job Corps
Location: Los Angeles Job Corps Center (Los Angeles, California)
- Post routine journal vouchers or accounts payable vouchers, entering vouchers in registers, reconciling bank accounts, posting subsidiary ledgers or simple cost accounting data.
- Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data.
- Responsible for maintenance of routine accounting records and reports in accordance with established procedures such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory control or general accounting records.
- Responsible for payroll and insurance reports; responsible for petty cash.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to staff and students. Prepare related reports.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical duties involving typing, filing, accumulating data and preparation of repetitive reports.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year related experience. Academic training in bookkeeping or accounting desired. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled