Wellness Manager (Registered Nurse)
Division: Job Corps
Location: Westover Job Corps Center (Chicopee, Massachusetts)
Responsible for the management of staff and wellness services for students and for providing programs that promote wellness.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the administrative and health services activities of the department.
- Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance, and recommend and implement departmental and personnel changes as approved by the center director and coordinated with the director, human resources prior to implementation.
- Develop departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures; review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
- Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting health services and wellness activities; coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with overall center objectives.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Regularly inspect facilities; maintain quality standards.
- Manage and conduct coordinated health care for students, other health related programs, and serve as a member of the mental health team; coordinate all phases of direct medical, dental and psychiatric services for outpatients, inpatients and off‑center patients.
- Screen all medical and dental patients for center physician, dentist, vocational rehabilitation and follow‑up medical care.
- Correspond with parents/guardians, admissions counselors, and welfare agencies as applicable.
- Manage record keeping and reports on student injuries, diseases and disabilities.
- Coordinate services with outside agencies and hospitals; review and approve payment to all outside vendors, subcontracted staff and services, ensuring that expenditures are within contractual and budgetary limitations; coordinate third party payments for health related services.
- Coordinate with other center staff concerning health services and promotion of wellness.
- Serve as center director designee and disability coordinator; coordinate all activities related to receipt of applicant folders requiring review, accommodation requests, provision of accommodations, services and follow-up, and ensure that required documentation is up to date.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Valid registered nursing (RN) license in Massachusetts and two years related experience required. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.