Category: Accounting & Finance
Location: Jones County Processing Ctr (Anson, Texas)
MTC is currently seeking candidates interested in a Accounting Supervisor position. This position directly supervises the accounting clerks, purchaser and property/supply technician and is responsible for performing accounting and audit functions within the general accounting function and summarizing data for periodic operating statements and management information in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and customer directives.
- Supervise in the preparation of data input for developing financial statements and management information reports, including monthly accounting journal entries, overhead application schedules, bank reconciliations, general ledger account analyses and monthly financial statement.
- Prepare the departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting accounting and commissary.
- Oversee purchases and receivables.
- Oversee the preparation of payroll.
- Prepare and maintain cost data and related analyses pertaining to facility operations.
- Audit the output of the accounts payable and cashier functions.
- Oversee cash disbursements journal, general ledger and cost ledger by recording accounting transactions, preparing reconciliations and financial tabulations as assigned.
- Ensure the balancing of books and compilation of statistical reports such as cash expenditures, departmental costs and other pertinent reports.
- Supervise incoming and prepare outgoing interdivisional billings, reconcile and clear interdivisional accounts and prepare associated journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end closing of financial books, facility and corporate financial reports. Review reports for accuracy and resolve problems.
- Coordinate with other facility staff concerning accounting matters.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, detainees and property; adhere to safety practices
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration and three (3) years of finance, accounting or related experience in a supervisory capacity are required. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements if approved by corporate finance. Experience with automated accounting systems and computer proficiency desired. US Citizenship required. Must successfully complete required pre service training. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.