Substitute Instructor, CTT
Category: Education & Training
Division: Job Corps
Location: St. Louis Job Corp Center (St. Louis, Missouri)
Reports to the career technical training manger. Responsible for providing career technical training instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. Provide students with basic direction, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Provide students with career technical training instruction, direction and assistance in designated area of instruction.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Follow prepared lesson plans.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the shop and classroom; on a routine basis, inquire if individual students need assistance.
- Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS systems as required and in accordance with established timelines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain Training Achievement Records (TARs) and attendance reports.
- Control use of equipment and supplies; make minor repairs; recommend purchases.
- Participate in activities associated with the intellectual and social development of students.
- Provide strong customer service for both dependent and independent learners leading to trade completion.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and certification in area of instruction. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
St. Louis, Missouri