Division: Job Corps
Location: Tongue Point Job Corps Center (Astoria, Oregon)
Tired of having to work on the weekends and holidays instead of being home with your family?
Come work in our campus health and wellness clinic! Be a part of the success of our students who came here to be trained for a career and make a better future for themselves.
Position is 32 hours a week with benefits!
Monday - Thursday, 7:30AM to 4:30PM
- Assist with Center’s family planning and disease prevention programs.
- Care for sick and injured students, promote good health, and prevent illness.
- Conduct cursory medical exams.
- Treat minor injuries and illnesses according to physician instructions; assist physician in treating serious accidents or illness; provide follow-up care as required.
- Prepare and administer specified medications.
- Supervise health occupation students assigned to practicum/work.
Registered nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with a valid Oregon license to practice professional nursing. Background in public health and women's health a plus. Mental health experience desirable.
Pay rate for RN: $30.00/hr
Pay rate for LPN: To Be Determined
MTC offers an excellent benefits package!
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- 2 weeks paid sick leave.
- 11 paid holidays for full-time employees and pro-rated for part-time employees who work at least 20 hours per week.
- Fully vested Fidelity 401(k) Retirement Plan after one full year..
- Medical and dental insurance.
- Company-paid life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance, and an employee assistance program for employees and their immediate family.
- Employees can elect to purchase short-term disability, dependent life, and additional employee life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance. VOYA critical illness, accident, and hospital insurance plans are also available.
Tongue Point Job Corps Center is operated by Management & Training Corporation (MTC) for the U.S. Department of Labor. Located at the mouth of the Columbia River, the Center is one of the five largest employers in Clatsop County. Our staff teach 473 youth, ages 16-24, the academic, technical training, employability, and social skills they need to become prepared for successful careers. A Job Corps campus is like a mini-city. It has dormitories, classrooms, a dining hall, and recreational and medical facilities. Training is open entry, open exit and can last up to two years. Students work at their own pace, guided by academic and career training instructors who are committed to their success.
Tongue Point offers students training in 15 vocations: building construction technology, carpentry, cement masonry, computer service technology, culinary, dental assisting, electrical, glazing, medical assisting, office administration, painting, plastering, welding, and seamanship. We are the only Job Corps Center in the nation with a seamanship program, and seamanship is the Center's largest vocation with 120 students.
Tongue Point is a drug-free workplace and has a tobacco-free campus. Due to being a federally-funded program, all successful applicants must pass a drug-screen, including being negative for THC/marijuana.
For more information about Job Corps visit: http://jobcorps.gov